Red Mountain Park is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (not a state park!). Since opening to the public in 2012, donors like YOU have transformed this historic iron-ore mining site into a vibrant 1,500-acre park! We are donor-supported. Our Adventure and programs cover 25% of our annual operating costs – for the reset, we count on you.
Your Park Membership Makes Possible…
- Restoration of our 1,500-acre forest
- Improvements of the 15-mile trail system
- Preservation of Birmingham’s historic iron-ore mining sites
- Upkeep of 6-acre Remy’s Dog Park
- Increased amenities & accessibility for disabled individuals
- Interactive learning programs for all ages
- Impactful volunteer projects
Gift Memberships are a great way to celebrate your friend or family member with a gift that gives BIG – both to Red Mountain Park and through Member benefits! The best way to sign up is to visit our Membership page, click the button “Gift Membership.” There, you can input your info and your recipient’s info along with a personal message. We will then send your gift recipient their Membership Package and special note from you.
Yes! Contact Monica Romano, Director of Philanthropy, for details on the available, customizable Perks!
If you have more questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call (205) 202-6043.
Yes, in fact, we ask that each member of your reservation complete the waiver digitally, before visiting the Park for your Adventure. A digital waiver will arrive via email once your Adventure reservation is confirmed. Trouble finding it? Give us a call at (205) 913-7899 and we will help!
Universal accessibility: The Vulcan Materials Zip Trip can, oftentimes but not always, accommodate guests who use wheelchairs or crutches, but does require a two week notice so that Adventure staff may fully prepare for a safe, fulfilling tour for each guest.
Please give us a call for more information! (205) 913-7899.
Yes! We do ask that you make a reservations 24 hours prior to your time. Walk-ups are not guaranteed. Please call 205.913.7899 and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time so that you can get checked in and suited up in time for your reservation.
We do operate in cold weather, however, if the temperature falls below 32 degrees, we will postpone your adventure and help you reschedule.
Yes, we operate in light rain, but not during lightning and/or high winds. If we know in advance that we will be closed, we will attempt to contact you at the contact number provided when you made your reservation and will reschedule or issue a rain check.
If you absolutely must cancel, call (205)-913-7899.
- If you cancel at least 7 days prior to your tour date, you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel within 7 days of the tour date, you will receive a refund of 50% of the amounts paid.
- “Day of” cancellations and “no shows” will forfeit all amounts paid and are unable to reschedule the tour.
- To reschedule a tour, you must call at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled tour time (72 hours for special group bookings).
- Running late for your check in time? Contact us at (205)-913-7899. We cannot guarantee you will be able to experience the tour or the full time of the tour. Your party will be considered “no shows” if you arrive too late to participate in your tour.
Tours will run, rain or shine. Unless you are called and informed of a cancellation on our part, assume the tour is still happening. No refund will be given if you do not receive a call from RMP cancelling. Tour times may be delayed if a weather system pops up and is expected to pass through quickly, but they will run! Contact us at (205) 913-7899 if you wish to confirm a tour.
Red Mountain Park reserves the right to cancel tours due to inclement weather, foreseeable hazards, insufficient bookings or events beyond our control. In these events, full refunds will be made or alternative tour times offered.
For all of our Adventures we ask that guests allow us two hours of their day. This covers the time it will take to walk into the park, get harnesses, use restrooms, etc. Our Adventure Check-In area is located a short quarter-mile hike into the Park along the Eureka Mines Trail. Please arrive at the check-in area no later than 15 minutes prior to your tour time. Participants who arrive after the tour departure time cannot be permitted on the tour and tour fees will be 100 percent non-refundable.
- Vulcan Materails Zip Trip: 1 hour tree time
- Hugh Kaul Beanstalk Forest: 1 hour tree time
- Kaul Adventure Tower: 1 hour tree time
- Mega Zip at Kaul: 1 hour tree time
Red Mountain Park provides all equipment needed for your Adventure Tour (e.g. harnesses and helmets). You MUST wear closed-toe shoes with a heel such as tennis shoes or hiking boots; flip-flops and sandals are NOT permitted. Bags, purses and backpacks are not allowed on any Adventure Tour for safety reasons; please leave those items locked in your vehicle’s trunk or at home.
We recommend the following:
- Wear comfortable clothing that will fit under a 5-point harness—pants or long shorts are okay
- Remove any dangling jewelry or rings before arriving
- Long hair should be tied back in a low ponytail or bun
- Secure all phones, cameras or other electronics
All Adventure Activities can accommodate varying numbers of participants. If your party size exceeds the quantities above, please call our group reservations number at 205.403.5953.
- Vulcan Materails Zip Trip: 6 participants
- Hugh Kaul Beanstalk Forest: 10 participants
- Kaul Adventure Tower: 10 participants
- Mega Zip at Kaul: 10 participants
- Vulcan Materials Zip Trip: Minimum age of 6, minimum height 50″ and maximum weight 250 lbs
- Hugh Kaul Beanstalk Forest: Minimum age of 6, minimum height 42″* and maximum weight 275 lbs
- Kaul Adventure Tower: Minimum age of 6, minimum height 42″ and maximum weight 275 lbs
- Mega Zip at Kaul: Minimum age of 6, minimum height 50″, minimum weight 70 lbs and maximum weight 250 lbs
No, Red Mountain Park is a 501(c)3 nonprofit Park.
Your generous contribution is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. A receipt will be issued to you for your records.
One card will be issued for $35 Memberships and two cards will be issued for all other Membership levels.
Show your card at participating Perk Providers and at the Park entrance to redeem your Perks!
Visit our Events page for the current calendar, look for information in our monthly e-Newsletter!
Contact Monica Romano, Director of Philanthropy– (205) 403-5948 or firstname.lastname@example.org.