– – –
– – –
Explore sections of the Park on one of our high-powered, off-road wheelchairs called The Nomads.
Our very first Nomad was generously donated by our friends with the Birmingham Association of Realtors and our second was contributed by Sally and Peter Worthen in honor of the Lakeshore Foundation.
- Reservations must be made 24 hours prior either online or by phone at 205-913-7899.
Please call (205) 913-7899 to make your reservations.
Requirements for Riding
- Must weigh no more than 300 pounds.
- Closed-toed shoes are required.
- Participants 18 and under must have parent or guardian signature on waiver.
- Participants 15 and under must have parent or guardian within eyesight.
Prepare for Your Adventure
- Guest utilizing Nomad MUST have a communication device (i.e. cell phone).
- Available 7 days a week. Only one guest may book per day for 5 hours, due to battery constraints.
- Must be returned no later than 1 hour prior to Park closing time.
- Guests should drive their vehicle through the gray gate into our gravel Park Event Area near the entrance. Nomad users are temporarily allowed to park their vehicle in the Park Event Area. Vehicle Access Magnets will be provided by Welcome Station liaison to place on your vehicle while you are in the Park with the Nomad.
- Check in at the Welcome Station, where an attendant will have already brought up your Nomad. Welcome Station attendant will give operating instructions and users will be asked to stay along the approved trails designated on the RMP Nomad Trail Map while using the Nomad.